Cicero’s Easy Chicken Curry
- 4 x Tablespoons Olive oil
- 500g Chicken Thighs
- 200ml Longley Farm Natural Yogurt
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Garlic Farm Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Medium Onions chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Turmeric
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 3 Cardamom Pods
- 1 Tin Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- Fresh Coriander to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger peeled and diced
- 2 Red Chilli chopped
- Salt to taste
Our resident chef Cicero shares his secrets on how to cook the perfect curry in a hurry. The complex flavours of curries are governed by just three things: onion, ginger and garlic done just right; and something to give it body. If you’re wondering which wine to pair, we suggest trying German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings to complement that powerful sauce.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. When hot add the onions, garlic, chilli, ginger and cardamom pods. Fry for 5 minutes then add the cumin seeds, turmeric, garam masala, curry powder, bay leaves, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken, yogurt and almonds. Bring to a simmer and cook over a low heat for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add fresh coriander to taste.
- Serve immediately with rice and/or naan bread.