Fodder Fruit Scones
Fodder Shopping List
- 1kg Self Raising Flour
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 170g Sultanas
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 250g Longley Farm unsalted butter
- 4 x Ian Taylor eggs
- 1 x egg for glazing
- 400ml milk
A much loved Fodder favourite, which we sell in our shop. As you love them so much we wanted to share our chef’s recipe with you. Our scones are really easy to make and can be enjoyed on their own, or with a dollop of jam and cream.
- Preheat the oven to 145oc
- Combine all dry ingredients and the diced cold butter into a mixing bowl.
- Mix at a low speed for about 5 mins or until crumbly
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a separate bowl, then add the crumble mixture and sultanas.
- Mix on a low speed all the ingredients together until they are combined ( do not overmix)
- Tip the soft dough onto a floured work surface and sprinkle flour on top.
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin, about 3cm thick.
- Using a pastry cutter, stamp out rounds from the pastry and place them on a lined baking tray with parchment paper.
- Glaze the scones with a beaten egg and bake for about 20 mins or until fully cooked.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop