Pan Fried Loin of Cod with Minted Pea Purée
- 2 x Ramus loin of cod
- 10 x new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 200g frozen Yorkshire garden peas
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Fodder mint sauce
- 200ml fish or vegetable stock
- Knob of Longley Farm butter
- Zero olive oil
- Salt, pepper & a little Sunflours plain flour
A delicious, vibrant dish of pan-fried loin of cod with minted pea purée, packed full of flavour.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop
- To make the pea purée, cook the garden peas in the stock then either crush or preferably purée them in a food blender.
- Add a glug of olive oil, a spoonful of mint sauce and then some chopped fresh mint. Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180°c (160°c fan) / gas mark 4. Season the flour with salt & pepper and roll the cod in the seasoned flour.
- Blanch the new potatoes in hot salted water for 5 minutes.
- Add a glug of oil and a knob of butter to a hot pan, then add the cod, skin side down, pan frying for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp.
- Transfer to a hot oven for 8-10 minutes until the cod is cooked through.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and fry the potatoes until cooked through and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on the pea purée with the fried new potatoes.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get latest news, events and discounts direct to your inbox!
Other Fodder Recipes