Smoked Haddock Chowder
- 500g Ramus smoked haddock
- 200g Yorkshire frozen peas
- 1 leek, diced (reserving outer leaf)
- 4 sticks celery, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Farm clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, King Edward or similar, peeled & medium diced
- 250ml Longley Farm double cream
- 50g Longley Farm butter
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- Bouquet garni: 2 sprigs of rosemary, 2 sprigs thyme, 2 bay leaves & 2 sprigs of tarragon wrapped up in outer leaf of leek like a parcel and tied with string
This hearty chowder is packed full of flavour and makes for a great lunch withsome crusty bread. Suitable for freezing, you can make a batch and enjoy again later in the week.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop
- Sweat the garlic, leek, celery, onion, potato, carrots & bouquet garni in a large knob of butter until soft but not coloured.
- Add one glass of dry white wine and 1.5 litres of vegetable stock and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Just before serving remove bouquet garni, then add double cream, smoked haddock and peas, simmering for 5 minutes until fish is cooked.
- Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.