Preparation time: Less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 to 30 mins
Fodder Shopping List
- 1 tsbp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
- 25g/1oz unsalted Longley Farm butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 8 green cardamon pods, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into cubes
- 570ml/1pt chicken or turkey stock
- 125ml/4fl oz Longley Farm plain yoghurt
- 85ml/3fl oz Longley Farm double cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 large handfuls leftover turkey chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
This mild and creamy turkey curry is quick and tasty and uses mainly store cupboard spices – and Christmas leftovers.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick casserole pot or large saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and ground coriander. Cook over a medium heat until the onion is soft, be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the potatoes and squash and cook until the potato begins to stick to the bottom of the pan slightly. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and butternut squash are tender.
- Stir in the yoghurt, cream and lemon juice. Add the cooked turkey, fold in and simmer to heat through. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop