Yorkshire Pasta, Smoked bacon and peas
Fodder Shopping List
- 1 500g bag Yorkshire Pasta Fusilli
- 1 packet Fodder smoked bacon – finely chopped
- 3 large shallots – peeled and finely chopped
- 20g Yorkshire Fettle cheese – diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 50g packet fresh Basil – using half of the Basil, remove from the stem and roughly chop
- 1 200g pot Longley Farm crème fraiche
- 1kg bag of Yorkshire frozen peas
- Wharfe Valley rapeseed oil to fry
- Pour a drop of rapeseed oil into a frying pan, add the bacon and fry lightly for a couple of minutes
- Add the chopped shallots, mix with the bacon, and cook in the pan with the lid on until tender and soft
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, pour the pasta into the pan, and cook for 6 minutes with the lid on.
- Once the shallots and bacon have cooked to give a lovely golden colour add 150g of frozen peas (or as many as you like!) to cook for 1 minute to defrost the peas.
- Add into the pan the whole pot of Longley Farm crème fraiche and mix.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add this to the pan along with the chopped basil.
To serve add some freshly cracked black pepper a little salt to taste and finally top with some of the diced Yorkshire Fettle.
All ingredients used in this recipe are available to purchase from the Fodder Farm Shop