Jobs at Fodder
Full Time Chef:
Hours of work : 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week with additional hours in mornings/evenings and weekends as an essential feature of the role.
- To work as part of a busy team to run a successful Food Service throughout the day and occasionally for special evening events. In addition to preparing food to be sold in the shop and deli
- Prepare, cook and present food to ensure consistent, high quality, in a timely manner and have a good understanding of margins.
- Be prepared to work hard in a small but close team and share their passion for great food and service.
- Work with Head chef to manage stock surpluses and use them to prepare daily specials for the café and for customers to buy in the shop.
- Preparing food for sale in the shop is a key element of this role and for the financial success of Fodder.
- Ensure that all aspects of environmental health, health and safety, cleanliness, food, fire and other legislation is adhered to in the Kitchen. Health and safety and food hygiene is a priority.
- Observe all relevant Health and Safety and EHO legislation to ensure all working practises and processes reflect best practise.
- Provide on-going support to the Kitchen and café team by working in a polite, efficient and friendly manner.
- Help with daily cleaning and oversee planned maintenance of all Kitchen premises and equipment.
- Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time.
The Chef will have considerable experience in working within a team to run a successful food service
Skills and aptitude
- Preferably will already have Food Safety, qualification
- Be a hands on part of the working team
- Must adhere to agreed Food preparation, cooking and presentation standards.
- A passion both for cooking and serving good food.
- Ability to effectively present Food and respond to questions from clients, customers and the general public.
- Good oral communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to organise multiple details and cope with stressful situations in an effective and appropriate manner
- Good Customer service skills
- Excellent Health, safety and food awareness.
- Good team working skills to work with other staff in the business.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to
Full job description: